Movies/Shows for the whole family

We are at the point now with Drew that weve watched her favorite Disney movies and Cocomelon approximately 100000 times each- we had several suggestions to watch the shows Bluey, Blippie, and Dora the Explorer. Im curious what other favorite shows/movies you have- ideally educational and interesting enough for a parent. PLEASE HELP!!!

don’t forget about family movies and photos - never too soon to introduce your tiny tots to their heritage. If you attend church, try some children-specific bible stories on video - that way when you bring them to church, they may be able to relate to some of what is said more easily and actually feel involved.
It may also be a good idea to try to even out the screen time with reading/activity time.

Our girls did similar things (Aristocats…oh the replays). We introduced them to the American Girl movies which helped bring the replays down a little. They also loved watching Spirit, VeggieTales, and some unknown movies. It is hard after a while but with some creativity, it all works.

-Will

@Will_Howell
I just wanted to take a moment to welcome you to this site and thank you for your contributions. Please continue to share your experiences and ask any questions you may have. Together this will make this a great and positive place for families.
Patti

I (we) love Curious George!

1 Like

Be such a great show! My kids absolutely loved it

@ellisnicole11 , I just want to take a moment to welcome you to this community. Really hope you will enjoy being an active part of this online family. There are so many fun things you could do something like Curious George like having kids create their own Curious George stories.
Hope you will find this site a great resource and outlet to share about your experiences.
Patti

Our girls are 8 and 11 and love Spirit and Ninjago (which was kind of surprising!) Also highly recommend Lost in Space for families with preteens and up! Its totally watchable for parents too.

1 Like

I loved the new lost in space - as someone who grew up with the original I thought they did a very good job of maintaining the overall spirit of the show but really put some great twists and tech effects into it.
I think it is great when parents watch the shows with the kids that way if something comes up that needs explanation, you are right there to do it in the moment.
Thanks for being a part of this community.

Our 1.5 year old loves Wild Kratts, Bluey and the movie Coco

Our daughter is currently loving Trash Truck and Puffin Rock!

My son is 2.5 and loves Bluey, Puppy Dog Pals, Tots, and is kind of getting into Paw Patrol.

If you have Netflix you HAVE to check out Story Bots!! Such a cute kids show that is everything you’re looking for. Educational, fun, and enjoyable for parents as well! My husband and I loved watching it with our kids.

1 Like

My almost 3 year old loves bluey, blaze and the monster machines, paw patrol, blues clues & you, puppy dog pals and mickey mouse clubhouse and mickey mouse funhouse.
Her favorite movies right now are Frozen and Encanto of course.

@Mjainger @ericadavenport @jesse.fresh @Hbateman728 @kgirlblackbelt

I just wanted to take a moment to welcome all of you to this site - it’s exciting to see all of the new names - if you haven’t yet, please be sure to visit the page to tell us all about yourselves. I think this is going to be a great way for us to learn from one another. Please stay involved - I’m excited to learn more about you.

We love Blaze and the monster machines! It teaches them math/physics.

maybe I should start watching that - I’m 57 and still am lost with both topics

We have a 2.5 year old and his favorite shows right now are Daniel Tiger, Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends, Paw Patrol and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse! They are all pretty tolerable except maybe Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

Our entire family loves Bluey! We have a 20 month old and she’s obsessed. We don’t mind as it has some adult humor but really good content for kids!

My littles love Daniel Tiger! It’s based off Mr. Rogers and the tiny ones loved singing the songs. Especially the potty song.