Difficulty Conceiving, Infertility, Miscarriage, and Adoption Support

Hello all, I saw this on potential topics and think that it is valid to add on here.
I have been struggling conceiving again and would love to discuss and have support. I am also a birth mother, so I am a huge part of the adoption community and would love to help out with questions or anywhere I can.
I think this will be a great place to share our experiences and help one another. This can be a really sensitive topic, and I for sure don’t know everything about this but I am hoping this can be a safe place of support and a resource to help all of those struggling with creating a family.

2 Likes

I think this is a great topic to have! I struggled with infertility and also had a miscarriage about 4 years ago now. Now I have two healthy boys (2.5 years and 11 months old). Going through our miscarriage and then infertility was one of the hardest things my husband and I went through. We had a discussion shortly after losing our baby that we had a choice to make: it could either tear us down and break us apart, or, it could make us stronger than ever. We dug deep, dug into Gods work, clung to each other, and now we try to help those going through a similar story. We know the hopeless feeling, the heartbreak, etc. but we now also know the joy that can come from the success and the joy of a strengthened marriage.

2 Likes

This is a good topic that need’s to be talked about. I struggled with infertility after my 2nd Early baby loss. We had to seek the help
of a infertility Doctor. We went through the up’s and the downs of it all the testing and let downs the pain and anger of it all. and then 2008 I had my 3rd baby this time we was excited Once hit 14 and half weeks my daughter was born sleeping sadly in 2009 we went through it once more and our son was born sleeping at 12 and half weeks. I did end up with cancer of the womb having all removed it was a painful and hard journey for my husband and me. I know so many woman struggle with this and If i can be of support or simply just be here to pray for couples to have there Miracle babies i would love to do that. God bless every one

2 Likes

So glad this thread has been made. I lost my baby to an early miscarriage 4 years ago. Grief changes. It ebbs and flows. But it never goes away.

1 Like

Very grateful for this topic as well. We miscarried last year after struggling to conceive in the first place. We’ve been back to trying again this year and it feels like we are about to the point of getting some tests run to figure out what’s wrong exactly. It’s also feeling more difficult to keep the “trying” part exciting, and I can’t imagine if we were to have to go through infertility treatment how much more difficult it will be.

1 Like

This is a great topic! My husband and I have been through all of these. We had diffictuly being able to conceive early in our marriage and decided to try fertility treatments which led to pregnancy (twins) but lost that pregnancy to miscarriage. After several more years of trying, we did a lot of praying and came to realize that it didn’t matter how we became parents we just wanted a family. So we dove headfirst into adoption and have been blessed with two beautiful children through domestic infant adoption. They each have an amazing birth mother and we know without them our miracles would not be in our life. All of these topics should be talked about openly and to know that you are never alone in your journey whatever that might be.

I’ve been struggling with infertility for a year and a half. Just started clomid this last cycle and the side effects were terrible. I’m now on the downhill slope of my two week wait and I’m so nervous/anxious. Just waiting on my positive. Hopefully some day soon! Anyone else taking clomid or with success stories??

8 years for us. Did all the things - charting, ovulation sticks, clomid and other meds, multiple IUIs, hubs had a varicocele repair, and finally IVF. The journey is so hard no matter the path.

@KatieL26 , Hi, it’s been a while since you’ve posted and I just wanted to touch base and see how you and the boys were doing. They have added a lot of stuff to the site, so if you haven’t looked in a while, please come back and take a look around. Do you do an Easter Egg hunt with the boys? Hope you are all doing well and are looking forward to spring.
Patti

@Britt.S , Brittany, thank you for sharing your story with all of us - hopefully it helps you deal with all of the anxiety. Although I don’t know you, I really do hope that things work out for you. I’m not going to offer any platitudes because I’m sure they are the very last thing you want or need. Trust yourself and don’t be afraid to lean on the strength of those who love you. Patti

@treebranchcakery Holy Cow - 8 years - I can’t even imagine the stress on your body or your life. You are obviously an incredibly strong person with a lot of love to give. I hope that you have people around you to help you through the tough times and support you along your journey.