Activities for Toddlers

I’m looking for some new activity ideas(in and out of home) to add into the mix/change up our routine. I have a 1 1/2-year-old who loves being outside, reading books, coloring…. etc. I’ve read through tons of blogs but want to know some tried-and-true age-appropriate activities that are engaging and stimulating.

I live in the middle Tennessee area so if there are any must go places let me know! We go to the zoo a couple times a month and we’ve been to the Nashville science center.

Our local library has story time and activities for toddlers. My kids loved that when they were younger.

We try to keep up with the pumpkin farms (in TN like Lucky Ladds) they do events multiple times a year like Easter egg hunts and just tours as well. It’s fun to revisit because they always change it up.

I made cloud dough with my 2-year-old nephew. He had so much fun and it kept him busy for hours! It’s so easy and inexpensive to make. I made several different colors so I made half batches, which still made plenty. You add 1/2 cup of lotion to a bowl and color it with food coloring. Then you add 1 cup of corn starch in and mix until it starts to form a dough. After that, you take it out and knead it until it forms a solid dough. It’s so soft and so much better than play-dough. It’s not as messy and very easy to clean up. Hope this helps!